Monday, May 26, 2008

Manic Monday

... NOT!! actually i'm happy to report this was by far the best monday we've had. Brandy taught morning class and it was a solid strong class, not too hot, not too humid, i think only one person threw up and it was a visiting teacher. Rumor has it, he came straight outta camel, flung himself forward and projectile vomited all over his mat. impressive if not disgusting. I on the other hand felt pretty good. Aternoon class went really well too. I feel like I'm getting closer and closer to locking my leg in the standing bow. I even got a compliment on it after class from Christian which made me smile. I think everyone is in high spirits mostly due to the fact that we are FINISHED WITH POSTURE CLINIC!!! WAHOO!!!

actually, we're not finished, but we did do the last posture today. I don't know why but Spine Twist was such a drag to learn. Way too many lefts and rights to keep track of, and it felt like my brain was so full how could i possibly squeeze another posture in there. But somehow I managed and I think I did a pretty good job of delivering it today. Actually everyone really seemed to go out with a bang which was nice to see. After we finished we did sort of a mock class with all of us taking turns trading in and out of teaching kind of like a relay race. It was actually really entertaining. I started with Left and Right side of Half Moon and it was cake. I think I can do that posture in my sleep after hearing it almost 300 times the first week. It was pretty exciting to see everyone finally stringing the dialog together and it was funny to hear the crazy things that just came crashing out of people's mouths while they searched for the words.

Even lecture with Bikram went well today. He let us out before midnight even and as usual he kept us laughing. Allegedly, he invented the Disco, or so he says. i'm serious. I'm waiting for him to tell us that he also invented the question mark..... we'll see. But even with the laughs, he does spit out some pearls of wisdom occasionally. He talked about the body tonight and the main point of what he was saying (i think) is that if you take care of your body and your health, you will also be taking care of your mind and your spirit. I buy that. I know when I'm healthy, I'm happy. Plus it makes me feel good about what I'm going to be doing as a teacher. It's empowering to be able to help other people, and more importantly, we're going to be helping people help themselves. There's something about the ownership of knowing that you are doing something good for yourself. I think the key to that is having the sense of self worth, to know that it's exactly what you deserve. I think that's why most of us, if not all are here. Weve all been blessed by this yoga and we've helped ourselves so much that we want to share that with others. It's such a relief to think that here we are after 7 weeks of crying, puking, pooping, cramping, cramming, and we can still see clearly the reason why we're here. Our vision hasn't yet been clouded by the extranious (and sometimes yucky) circumstances. That's because, right now, at this moment, we're on the path we're supposed to be on. Again this is definitely the training of John, Paul, George, and Ringo, but it makes me think of the line from "There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be/ It's easy/ All you need is love, love love/ Love is all you need" It's true. and for everyone back home, learn to love your yoga if you don't already! It'll rock your world, I promise. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ten years ago when i first took yoga in florida, (not the really hard kind that you're doing)i used to say it was like therapy-how cool you are the therapist. love u

Anonymous said...

hey yogi mo, you rock my world. you're such a fine writer. you make me feel like i'm in acapulco with you.