Friday, May 23, 2008

When The Levee Breaks....

so the other night I was talking to a friend that's a visiting teacher and we we're talking about how crazy a 5:00 class had been. people were dropping like flies... puking, cramping, bodies we're going down left and right. she was saying how she had never seen anything like it, and my idiot self was proclaiming how lucky I was because I was feeling so damn good. I was saying how I felt amazing because I was already on the downhill and my body was feeling just fine and dandy. wow... way to jinx the shit out of myself....

my friday morning class was terrible. like terrible, as in I had to be carried out crucifixion style with a nurse and craig under each of my shoulders and my whole body fully contracted underneath me as though i was nailed to a cross. they were joking about it later saying i had skills because i had my feet 6inches above the ground the whole way out.. most people at least drag a little. it was pretty bad. what's shitty is that i was feeling so great for the whole standing series. I feel like I'm getting closer and closer to doing the standing splits in bow and i just felt good.... until camel that is. I came out of the first set of camel and i don't know what happened but it was like the whole world was spinning in slow motion. I felt like i was in The Labrynth in the end scene where the stairs are all over the place. I could hear Zeb talking on the loudspeaker but it sounded garbled and I couldn't make out what he was saying. i don't really know what happened after that, i couldn't breathe and then the nurse said i must have started hyperventilating or something and that made me cramp up and start shaking.

the cramping up things is funny because before i came to training, i had gotten cramps before, but i didn't understand how a whole body could cramp up. ya kinda have to see it to get the full effect, but the joke is you kind of get velausa raptor claws where your hands used to be, your feet do a weird curl up thing to, and if it gets bad enough your whole body becomes rigid and even your mouth gets all distorted... it's not pretty. rumor has it i looked like a cross between the girl from the Grudge and the girl from the Excorcist. Erika said my body was completely convulsing and my face was completely white except my lips looked purple. it had to have been bad because all day yesterday and still this morning i've had people asking how i was and telling me how scared it was to see. I talked to the nurse about it, and she said i must have just been dehydrated and she told me i should have seen warning signs... but the thing is I had drank an entire pedialyte when I woke up, and i didn't have any cramps before that. plus, the way I came to so quickly afterwards, i couldn't have been that dehydrated... so i guess i don't really know what happened. all i know is that it scared the shit out of me because i had been feeling so great right before it happened. i guess you never know what your body is going to do, or what's going to come up. at least i'm feeling fine now, my afternoon class and morning class today went well enough, except my whole body still aches from being so tight. apparently my muscles are in better shape than i thought my friend jenn reported to me that she had never seen my stomach so contracted before. she said i had a 6 pack even! that, at least makes me smile!

today i spent a nice day relaxing and resting by the pool, and i'm going to stay in and lay low tonight. i know i'll miss this place and this experience when it's over, but right now, i'm ready to be back home and back to the real world...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

not sure what to say to your last, other than stay healthy and i love u. u

Anonymous said...

p.s. jim says get a second opinion, "the guru nurse may not be the way to go." love u

Anonymous said...

so so glad friday is behind you.
me no likey.