Monday, April 14, 2008

We are into our second week, and so far so good. despite the fact that i woke up this morning stiff as hell and a lovely shade of pink from all the sun, class went alright.... well, alright meaning i got my ass kicked by an 82 year old lavian lady. Actually it wasn't terrible, but I'm a little nervous Emmy is in town all week teaching and we've all been told horror stories about Bikram's most senior teacher.

We started Anatomy today and I was pretty stoked to get my hot little hands on some crayola crayons for our anatomy coloring book. -- not that I needed them, I came to lecture equipped with a brand new 24 pack of color pencils, AND a sharpener. I have to report so far I have gotten the muscular, nervous, circulatory, and spinal systems all filled in with the correct corresponing colors and not a pigment has gone ouside the lines. See pops, I knew an Art Degree would come in handy! ;) Dr. T is kind of a kick, and he's a welcomed break from Bikram (i'm starting to hear and indian accent in my head). but it's hard to take the guy seriously when he's about 75 years old and takes break to read jokes that he has written down ahead of time. (he prefaces each one with -- "okay Jewish Joke, here we go...." 5 minutes later "now, Blonde Joke......" This might shock ya, but something tells me these jokes of his have been around the block a few times, and they're losing their gusto.

Something that is comedic though, is Bikram's Love Ballads that he played for us during our last savasanah today...... wow... check it out, it's available for purchase on amazon.com .. AND I'M SERIOUS!!




don't get me wrong, he actually has a really pretty voice, and when he's singing his indian songs, i kind of enjoy it.. but if i had to hear "oh my darling, you are everywhere, you are my pulse" one more time i thought i was gonna scream. and in case you are wondering i do believe wilson phillips is making a comeback because it sounds like they are his back up dancers.

if i sound bitter it's only because, after lecture tonight.. which probably won't get out until after 1am, he wants to hold a movie night so we can watch hindi films of all the people whose life he has claimed to save. cool... oh and if you didn't know, this guy DOES NOT SLEEP... seriously, he takes short catnaps throughout the day, but he doesn't sleep at night and apparently sees no reason why we should either. okay, enough of my bitching, life is actually nice here, except i miss everyone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

did he wear the white leisure suit? that's hot, and i'm serious!